Image Credit:- theMobilesApp.com
A Detailed Guide On How to Delete Your Instagram Account
Instagram is one of the most popular social media channels for sharing photos and videos. After the platform was acquired by Facebook in April 2012, it is always in the highlights and demands. People love to spend a lot of time on the platform as it has almost all Bollywood and Hollywood celebrities on its platform. Having umpteen innovative features and filters, users cannot ignore their interest of spending time on Instagram.
While checking the official data, you will find that there are 1 billion monthly active users on Instagram worldwide. Furthermore, there are 4.8 billion internet users whereas 5.27 billion users access Instagram from their mobile phones. Instagram is the epic of creativity and snatches users’ attentions because of its features:
- A day or 24 hours active photo and video montages in the form of Instagram stories.
- A sense of security through ephemeral messages that can be deleted after viewing.
- It has a wonderful feature for non-English speaking users to translate comments as well as captions instantly.
- The most entertaining part of Instagram is to make reels.
- One can use the feature of going live and interacting with their audiences for real-time conversations.
- Another feature allows users to post longer videos under IGTV.
How To Delete Instagram Account Permanently?
Feeling stressed while scrolling the feeds of Instagram? Are you feeling cumbersome to tackle more than one Instagram account? Contemplating all these concerns will lead you to seek solutions on how to delete your Instagram account permanently. To lower your stress and save your valuable time, we have captured all the necessary information for deleting your Instagram account permanently. In this section, you can also have proper insights on how to delete an Instagram account on Android. Before diving into the process of deleting your account, make sure you have remembered your account password.
Steps To Delete Instagram Account Permanently
- The foremost step in how to delete your Instagram account is to select your profile. Ensure you have chosen the right profile if you are handling more than one account.
- Go to the “three horizontal lines” at the right corner of your Instagram account.
- Click on the Settings and tab to Help from the drop-down menu.
- Now, choose the Help Center and another tab will open. You will have some reasons to continue your search. Instead of clicking on anything, click on the three horizontal lines at the right corner.
- Click to Managing Your Account. Under this tab, you will find various options. Move your cursor to delete my account.
- Click to How do I delete my Instagram account. Scroll down and click on the option “Go to the Delete Your Account.”
- Another window will open and you have to reason for “Why are you deleting your account?”
- Pick the most appropriate answer from the list and go to the next step. For an easy process, you can select the reason “something else.”
- Once you have selected the reason, you have to re-enter your password. Enter your password and click to delete my account.
How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone
What makes you so annoying while using your Instagram account? Undoubtedly, you can have as many reasons to stop the use of your Insta account as you want to get rid of it. If you really want to know how to delete your Instagram account On iPhone, you need to follow the process.
Note: You can also choose to delete your Insta app if you do not want to use your Insta account.
Steps to Delete Instagram Account On iPhone
- Go to your profile on your iPhone (at the bottom of the screen) and then go up to the three horizontal lines (at the upper right side of the screen).
- Click to the Settings and tap on Help.
- Go to the Help Center and click “Managing Your Account.”
- Click to Delete Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select “How do I delete my account?” Scroll down and click to “Go to the Delete Your Account.”
- Now, pick the reason under the section “Why are you deleting your account?”
- Re-enter your password and click to “Permanently delete my account”.
How To Delete Instagram Account Temporarily
Now, you are thinking to minimize your social media activities and take a short break. Instead of deleting your Insta account, disable your account and reopen it after a while. So, divert your thoughts from “how to delete your Instagram account” to “Temporarily disable your Instagram account” and enjoy your me-time.
Steps to Delete Instagram Account temporarily
- Go to your profile at the bottom corner of the screen and click on three horizontal lines.
- Click to Settings and then click to “help.”
- Now, select the Help Center and wait for a while.
- Another interface will open and click to “Managing Your Account.”
- Click to Delete your account and pick the option “How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- Scroll down and click to “Delete your account Page” under the section “If you’d like to delete a different account:”
- Click to hyperlink words “temporarily disable”. Now fill up your reason “why are you disabling your account?”
- Re-enter your password and click the tab “Temporarily Disable Account.”
Downloading Your Instagram Data
To reap the best outcomes, follow proper procedures and delete your Instagram account either temporarily or permanently. Make sure to recall your password as you need to enter it before deleting your account. Wondering what will happen to your data? If you are running any business account, your data will be everything for you. So, ensure to download your Instagram data.
Step to Follow for Downloading Your Instagram Data
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap to three-horizontal lines.
- Click to Settings and select the option “Security.”
- Scroll down and click to “download data” under Data and history.
- Enter your email id and click to “Request Download.”
- Enter your password and click to Next.
- You will receive a digital copy of your data to your email id within 48 hours.